An example profile containing four cars (red, yellow, green and blue) to match in Special Words using two-word phrases. These can also be transferred to Special Stories to make a four-page story.
Can be personalised with your own voice or your child's. Currently available in English (UK and US), Catalan, Croatian, French and Spanish, but you can quickly replace the words and re-record the sounds for any other language.
To download, please carefully follow these steps:
For Special Words or Special Words Pro on iPad & iPhone
- If you have disabled editing in the app, re-enable it via the Settings. You may also want to disable the Child Safety Gate.
- Open the app, go to Word List, tap action button (top right), select Import Word List, then Download from Special iApps.
- If you have not yet registered and activated the app, follow the simple steps there to do so.
- In the list you'll see, Cars is in the Miscellaneous collection: select the collection, and then the add-on.
- When download has completed, choose Add new profile, NOT any of the Replace options.
For Special Words on Android
- If you have disabled editing in the app, re-enable it via the Settings.
- Visit this web page page in a web browser (e.g. Chrome or Internet) on your mobile device.
- Tap the download link below, and choose a language: a bubble should appear saying Starting download...
- On Android 5 (Lollipop) and later, as soon as a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying Open: tap this, and proceed to step 7. On earlier versions, launch the Downloads app.
- You should see a file named cars.siasw or similar. If the download is shown as in progress, wait for it to complete.
- Tap the file: this will launch Special Words.
- Select the Add new profile option, NOT any of the Replace options.
You now have more than one profile in Special Words, and will only see one at any time. You haven't lost your previous data!
To switch between profiles, tap Word List then the action button (top right) and choose Manage Profiles.
If you also have Special Stories on your device, you can use the Copy to Special Stories option in Special Words, which will open Special Stories. Then choose Add New Story.
For more help, see our User Guides