GDPR and Personal Data
The rules in the European Union for how the personal data of individuals may be collected, stored and used changed on 25th May 2018, when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect.
These rules apply to all companies, wherever they are based, that process personal data about citizens in the EU and other countries in the EEA. The regulation will also continue to apply in the UK after it leaves the EU.
At Special iApps we are fully committed to complying with the new rules, and to protecting the rights of all people who give us their data, wherever in the world they may be.
Information You Give Us
This is information that you provide, including when:
- you subscribe to our mailing list,
- you register for a free trial of one of our apps,
- you register to download add-on resources,
- you report a problem with our products or services,
- you request promo codes for our apps,
- we meet at a conference, exhibition or workshop.
This information may include:
- your name, postal address and telephone number,
- your email address and work role,
- other details that you enter into forms.
Other Information We Collect
When you visit our website, use a trial app or download add-on resources, we may also collect:
- the IP address from which you visit our website,
- which web browser you use and its language settings.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information so that we can:
- send newsletters to members of our mailing list,
- provide you with registration-related information,
- tailor content for your country and language,
- understand where our apps are being used,
- deliver and improve our products and services,
- comply with our legal obligations.
We store digital information securely, on password-protected systems that are protected by firewalls and to which we apply security updates as appropriate. We store paper records in our offices, secured by locks and alarms.
We retain information only for as long as we have a legitimate business interest in doing so. We delete electronic data and destroy paper records when they are no longer needed.
We will not send you marketing communications unless you have explicitly provided consent (for example, by opting in to our mailing list).
Sharing Information With Other Parties
We will not share your personal information with any other person or organisation, unless:
- you have provided consent for us to do so, or
- we are legally required to do so, or
- it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or
- to protect the safety of any individuals.
Children under 16
We will only process personal data of a person we know or believe to be under 16 if consent has been provided by their parent or legal guardian.
GDPR includes a number of rights for individuals, including:
- to request an electronic copy of the personal data we hold about you,
- to request that we correct or erase personal data we hold about you,
- to restrict our processing of your data.
If you wish to contact us about our policies or our use of your personal data, please use the contact form on our website, email us at email@example.com, or write to us at the address below.
If you have opted in to our mailing list, but would like to to unsubscribe, please use the form on our mailing list page.