Signing for Deaf & Hearing Impaired
Let's Sign - My 1st Signs
My 1st Signs helps children to learn signs through activities that encourage sign and word recognition. It can easily be adapted and personalized to meet the needs of each child as their language, vocabulary and communication skills develop. It includes BSL sign graphics from the popular Let's Sign BSL Series by Cath Smith, along with matching pictures, written words, and optional use of spoken words.
- Developed in collaboration with parents and teachers of children with special educational needs, and teachers of the deaf
- Easy to personalize with your own photos and voice, and own choice of wording
- Quickly select which signs to use, to grow and assess vocabulary
Available for the Apple iPad.
- Includes over 150 words and pictures and over 200 corresponding Let's Sign illustrations to include the most commonly used and regional variations
- Suitable for BSL learners and those who use Sign Supported English (SSE) or Makaton
- Ideal for practicing signs with any child, encouraging them to interact and communicate, and for helping the transition from pictures to written words