Who we are
This website is operated by Special iApps C.I.C. We are a non-profit social enterprise which creates educational apps specifically designed to support children with special educational needs. For more information please see our about us page.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data and location data. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function, and our web-based apps will not function, as a result.
- obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our users’ requirements; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your browser.
- Strictly necessary cookies—these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and web-based apps and use their features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
We also use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how users interact with the website. These collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, from where visitors have come to the site and the pages they visited. We use the information generated by these tools to prepare reports and improve the customer experience of the website.
We will ask for your permission (consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where these are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (eg. to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com, write to Portland House, Belmont Business Park, Durham, DH1 1TW, United Kingdom or call +44 (0) 191 389 6638.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time, it was last updated on 10th December 2020.