Our apps do not pop up adverts or requests for ratings or in-app purchases, they do not collect analytics data or any other information about you, and they do not send any of your data to us. Where our apps offer product registration, we transfer and hold your registration details securely encrypted. If you add your own images and audio to our apps, these are stored locally on your device, not sent to any external server. If you use the facility to send content between our apps running on different devices, using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, no data is sent to or via any external servers. Our apps only request permissions they need in order for you to use them, and will not do anything behind your back.
We store email addresses securely. If you send us an email, we will not share its contents or your email address with anybody else. If you use the option to send content from our apps using email, the data is only sent to the recipients you specify. If you join our mailing list, we will not send any information about you to other list members, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Our website does not collect any personal data, but does use Google Analytics cookies. These enable us to collect anonymous data about how many visitors each page receives, and to help us improve the site. You can configure your web browser to block these cookies if you wish.
Photos and Videos
The photos and videos of children on our website are used with the kind permission of their parents, and may not be distributed or published elsewhere.
GDPR and Personal Data
The rules in the European Union for how the personal data of individuals may be collected, stored and used changed on 25th May 2018, when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect. These rules apply to all companies, wherever they are based, that process personal data about citizens in the EU and other countries in the EEA. The regulation will also continue to apply in the UK after it leaves the EU. At Special iApps we are fully committed to complying with the new rules, and to protecting the rights of all people who give us their data, wherever in the world they may be.
Information You Give Us
This is information that you provide, including when:
- you subscribe to our mailing list,
- you register for a free trial of one of our apps,
- you register to download add-on resources,
- you report a problem with our products or services,
- you request promo codes for our apps,
- we meet at a conference, exhibition or workshop.
This information may include:
- your name, postal address and telephone number,
- your email address and work role,
- other details that you enter into forms.
Other Information We Collect
When you visit our website, use a trial app or download add-on resources, we may also collect:
- the IP address from which you visit our website,
- which web browser you use and its language settings.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information so that we can:
- send newsletters to members of our mailing list,
- provide you with registration-related information,
- tailor content for your country and language,
- understand where our apps are being used,
- deliver and improve our products and services,
- comply with our legal obligations.
We store digital information securely, on password-protected systems that are protected by firewalls and to which we apply security updates as appropriate. We store paper records in our offices, secured by locks and alarms. We retain information only for as long as we have a legitimate business interest in doing so. We delete electronic data and destroy paper records when they are no longer needed. We will not send you marketing communications unless you have explicitly provided consent (for example, by opting in to our mailing list).
Sharing Information With Other Parties
We will not share your personal information with any other person or organisation, unless:
- you have provided consent for us to do so, or
- we are legally required to do so, or
- it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or
- to protect the safety of any individuals.
Children under 16
We will only process personal data of a person we know or believe to be under 16 if consent has been provided by their parent or legal guardian.
GDPR includes a number of rights for individuals, including:
- to request an electronic copy of the personal data we hold about you,
- to request that we correct or erase personal data we hold about you,
- to restrict our processing of your data.
If you wish to contact us about our policies or our use of your personal data, please use the contact form on our website, email us at email@example.com, or write to us at the address at the bottom of our website.