Special Words offers activities to encourage speech and language development.
Special Words provides strategies for language development in early childhood and beyond. The app provides children the opportunity to improve communication, vocabuluary and literacy skills, allowing them to show just how much they know.
Use the app at school to support children in the classroom, during speech therapy sessions or at home to continue learning and devloping new skills.
Why Special Words?
Create unlimited word lists
Quickly make educational resources personalised with your own photos, text and audio.
Access curriculum related word lists to support the development of sight-word vocabulary.
Card matching activities to improve reading, listening, speech and language, and more.
Accessible for all learners
Improve hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills through card matching activities.
Enable learning in small steps
Adjustable settings to adapt learning to needs and teach a progression of skills.
Clear and colourful illustrations
Includes 96 pictures and matching written and spoken words in 27 languages.
Special Words Plus
- For Home users - Subscribe from Special iApps
- For Schools and Organisations - Get started now
- Everything in Special Words
- Free 14-day trial included
- Choice of monthly or yearly subscription
- For iPad, iPhone, Android, Chromebook, Windows and Mac: see list of supported versions
- Use on laptops and desktops, as well as tablets and phones
- 100+ downloadable word lists, with more coming soon
- Print cards and assessment forms
- Keyboard control